character, Clouds, comfort zone, Divine, Dream, fabulous, favoured, joy, Moments, perspective, Pleasure, purpose, Rainbow, Sabbatical, Sacrifices, Solitude, time, Transition
Let’s face it, we all appreciate the comfort and security of a comfort zone. Whether it’s in a relationship, job, friendship – nothing beats that familiar feeling. An unspoken safety net ready to catch us at any given time.
With my sabbatical about to come to an end, I’ve learnt many lessons. I must concede that while I embraced most with open arms, there were those I tried to ignore or wished away. Here are a few:
• Solitude is important – you don’t always have to be busy, filling your day with what are often pointless activities, just to appear busy. Not all interactions add value.
• Find joy in the journey – it’s so easy to spot a patch of dark clouds instead of the faint outline of a rainbow. Search for the good – in situations and people.
• Purpose trumps pleasure – living a purpose driven life means sacrifices need to be made for the greater good and that’s okay. (This one I tried to fight but in the end His will prevailed).
• Your circle will shrink faster than the concorde – and you may find yourself feeling alone and isolated but that’s okay. Where and how else can the Master Potter panel beat your character into shape.
• Keep the flame of passion alive – even when you are confused, you know the depths of your passion and purpose, so don’t let anyone talk you out of fulfilling your dream.
The past few months have been exhilarating and frustrating all wrapped in one. I think the frustrating part was mainly due to the fact that I’m so used to being in control and having a plan. And for the first time in a long time, I’ve simply thrown my hands up in complete surrender to His Divine purpose.
Before I end, let me leave you with an apt quote from Nancy Levin: “Honour the space between no longer and not yet.”
So, if you find yourself in an inbetween phase of your life, don’t fight it… just go with the flow and embrace each moment. And more importantly, be your authentic self.
Thank you for taking the time to read.
Stay fabulous and favoured xxx